Cell phone charger fires and how to keep you and your home safe
SERVPRO of Benton/Linn County in January 2020 responded to two home fires that were caused by cell phone chargers. Now days it’s hard to find a home that doesn’t have a cell phone in it, and if there is a cell phone then there will be charger. Our phones are major part of our day, and we have them will us all the time. I personally have mine on me 24/7, and I charge it on my night stand next to my bed. Did you know that chargers produce a large amount on energy? One fire we responded to the cell phone charger caught a mattress in a child's bedroom on fire. He are some tips to help keep you safe from a cell phone charger fire.
- Only buy and use devices that are listed by a quality testing laboratory.
- Make sure to always follow the manufacturer’s instruction.
- Only use the battery and charging cord that’s designed for you specific device.
- Do not charge your device under a pillow, on your bed, on a couch or in a location that’s exposed to direct sunlight.
We here at SERVPRO of Benton/Linn county is always here to help if your home or business has experienced a fire. We are ready to help 24/7.