Cleaning: We do all sorts, even cars!
One of SERVPRO of Benton County's cars
SERVPRO is not only known for their Fire and Water restoration, but we do plenty of cleanup jobs in our community.
Mostly, we do home cleanup, or business cleanup, but every once in a while, we get the opportunity to clean vehicles.
Recently, we had the honor of cleaning out a police cruiser for one of the local police departments in our area, it was pretty fun seeing it in our warehouse getting cleaned.
People will need car cleaning in the event there is a biohazard, like blood from an accident or someone gets car sick, excessive amounts of dirt, or smoke damage from smoking in the vehicle. We’re here to help when the job needs to be done!
SERVPRO of Benton County has all the equipment necessary to clean pretty much anything; including cars!
Spring cleaning can help keep your home healthier
As the weather warms up, we want to open the windows and, metaphorically, emerge from our winter hibernation. It is typically the time of year where homeowners take a few weekends to spruce up the interior and exterior of their homes – wash away the winter drab. Keeping your home clean and tidy is important for a variety of reasons. Most importantly, a clean home is less likely to face issues like mold damage, pest infestation and other problems that stem from a lack of attention and care. From the kitchen to the garage and from the backyard to the bedrooms, Spring Cleaning is very important in the maintenance of Willamette Valley homes.
If you are looking to spruce up your home this spring season, keep in mind the following cleaning tips:
- Clean out your refrigerator – dispose of expired items and wash each tray
- Give all of your doormats a good wash
- Clean your upholstery and carpet – get professional help from SERVPRO to make sure the job is done right
- Pay special attention to washing your baseboards
- Dust all ceiling fans
- Scrub down your stove and oven
- Sanitize all sinks
- Disinfect your kitchen sink’s disposal
- Thoroughly clean all bathrooms – including shower doors, shower walls, and drain areas
- Disinfect and clean all toilets
- Reorganize your bedroom closets and drawers
- Move boxes or storage bins to check for insect/pest nests behind them
- Pressure wash your driveway and roof
- Wash all windows – light actually helps keep mold growth at bay!!
While there are certainly additional tasks to accomplish while doing your spring cleaning, the above list should serve as a great starting point for you and your family. While spring cleaning is important, keeping your home clean throughout the year is the key to ensuring major dirt buildup is avoided. Mold damage is one of the most common side effects of untreated water leaks and other home issues. If you think your home could use some professional attention, contact our SERVPRO team at your earliest convenience.